Role: Domain & Consulting Head- Utilities
Location: Anywhere in the USA
Our client is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and new ground-breaking technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them a successful and innovative company. We are an organization recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong dedication to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 270,000 hard-working, respected employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and exciting new future.
It’s also an exciting and dynamic company to work for. The Top Employer Institute ranked us 2nd overall in Europe as a “Top Employer” for 2023, we were assessed on several key HR practices including People Strategy, Work Environment, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Wellbeing and Diversity and Inclusion. This is accompanied by exciting business growth where we have posted continued growth in the last 8 quarters.
In December 2022 we were selected once again as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI). This is the 13th consecutive year and a sector record from the IT Services industry. Wipro is a founding member of the “Transform To NetZero” consortium which places huge trust and credibility on us with all our clients.
This career opportunity is with Domain & Consultings Utilities consulting practice. This is a regional position that will lead the Utilities consulting business to build on existing capabilities to deliver significant regional and global growth and scale. The primary expectation is to grow the practices portfolio of services, strategic accounts and C-level relationship whilst leveraging our wider organisation’s services. Additionally you will be a key partner in driving the business strategy of the Utilities business, with other leaders across the practices globally.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Grow and deliver:
- Defining a sound business growth strategy. Focus on growing the consulting business contribution to 15%+ of Comms strength .
- Ensure the consulting business opens new business opportunities and expands our client positioning.
- Big picture orientation, conceiving effective strategies to drive growth for the vertical
- Delivery and program expertise with experience in handling multi shore consulting projects with distributed teams
- Ability to drive & lead the strategic execution, manage change, build relationships with clients, partners, motivate teams & achieve results
- Transform and innovate
- Significant transformation proposition definition and engagement shaping using core and disruptive business strategies and technologies to solve business problems with clear business benefits
- Proven track record in growing as well as sustaining and growing client account revenues through existing and new consulting engagements
- Deep understanding of innovative customer models, products, services and business re-platforming strategies
- Practice Leadership
- Manage a diverse team of geographically distributed consulting professionals across different experience levels, including their goals & objectives, mentoring, career planning etc.
- Defining & supporting a strong competency/capability-building strategy
- Thought Leadership
- Ability to converse with industry leaders, analysts and formulate POV on trends and proactively propose solutions, investment decisions along with published artifacts, industry speakerships, analyst interactions etc.
- Creating a strong Market Positioning – increasing Wipro’s mindshare in the Utilities industries ecosystem (product companies, analysts and influencers)
- Identifying & defining differentiated services and solutions for various process areas within the Comms sector
- Nurture key ecosystem partnerships in key focus areas based on product evaluation/due diligence with the objective of building knowledge and networks.
- 12 + years experience leading, growing and delivering in a global, fast growing consulting business in Utilities domains.
- Deep expertise in Transmission & Distribution including; Grid Operations, IT- OT integration and Grid modernization you will work as a thought leader shaping the opportunities across existing clients as well as new prospects to help them transform their business processes.
- Significant demonstrable experience solving business problems through transformation shaping using core and disruptive technologies including: Smart metering, AMI 2.0, Grid Operations – EMS. SCADA, ADMS, DMS, OMS, Field Area Network solutions, IT-OT Integration Deep functional experience with Itron / LNG systems.
- Good understanding of the regulations and know-how of US Utilities.
- Entrepreneurial drive with a can-do attitude, a strong desire to learn and shape one’s own career path. Ownership in Solution incubation and IP-creation
- Good knowledge of the international market and demand including multiple engagements across geographies.
- Experience in consultative selling and creating client business case for value-based pitches.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, relationship building and networking skills across clients, partners and your internal organisation.
- Ability to develop and build a public profile with the media and press in addition to speaking at external seminars. Creative and motivating consulting leader that can gel diverse teams to common outcomes.
- Gravitas to engage and grow relationships with senior business and clients.
- Exemplary professional and corporate image.
- Highly adaptable in dynamic environments.
- Integrates effectively into a global matrix environment.